Transformation of traditional WWTP's
Over the past years ELIQUO has developed multi technology processes which allow transformation of existing waste water treatment plants into economically viable production facilities of green-energy with valuable nutrient recovery. By using developed and proven technologies from our extensive portfolio, we are able to efficiently convert biological sludge’s into energy whilst producing a reduced sludge mass that is environmental beneficial. The application of our technologies and processes leads to maximum reduction of total costs, when all costs are considered, both capital and operational for the treatment of sewage – energy and sludge disposal.
Our multi-technology processes offers our customers the maximum opportunity in the management and processing of sludge:
- Thermal (pre)-treatment of sludge’s (TPH) will guarantee maximum organic breakdown of organic components during digestion;
- Significant increased biogas yields will allow maximum production of energy;
- By using the effects of Thermal Pressure Hydrolysis (TPH) an increased dewatering result after digestion could be reasonably expected;
- The capacity of existing digestion configurations could be expanded without increasing “volumes”, allowing us to develop centralized sludge treatment concepts at one location;
- Dewatered sludge’s after digestion could be energy self-sufficiently dried and carbonized to leading to a minimum, but efficient and environmental acceptable bio solid;
- We are able to anticipate directly on increased nitrogen and phosphate loads caused by concentrated digestion by utilizing the nutrient technologies from our own portfolio.